Difference between standard swatch and Rebel swatch?

PopSwatch, Irony, .beat, regular, whatever kind of Swatch you like!

Moderator: WatchMaster

Cradlis
Fanatic poster

Difference between standard swatch and Rebel swatch?

Post by Cradlis »

Hi everyone.

The question is in the title but I'll expand here. I learned some time ago that Rebel swatch are bigger than the usual swatch we can see. I'm trying to find one but is there a sign or marking on the Rebel watches that indicates if the watch is a Rebel or normal swatch? Yes there are pictures but even with that you can't really compare the size, even on a wrist (because people dont have the same wrist size). So I wonder, how can I see of it's a Rebel model or not?

Here are two pictures. The seller told me it's as big as an apple watch. I've searched the code on Google and sometimes it says it's a Rebel, sometimes it says nothing so... help me please :D

klex
Power poster

Re: Difference between standard swatch and Rebel swatch?

Post by klex »

Hi Cradlis,

yes, the picture shows the Swatch "White Rebel" from the "New Gent" series (https://www.swatch.com/en_us/watches/su ... ite-rebel/). The "Rebel" is just part of the name from a few of the new watches but the series of larger "Gent" watches is named "New Gent". They are around 41mm x 47mm, strap width is 20mm.

Since Swatch scaled up the size of the watch face more than the length of the watch you can identify the New Gent watches in pictures where you can see the whole watch on these proportions. If you can see only the face, there is a difference in the thickness and curvature of the glass. I made a picture for you and scaled up the gent and the new gent to the same size for comparison.

Cradlis
Fanatic poster

Post by Cradlis »

Thanks, I know what to look now :D
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

That's why it is harder to wear 2 - they are smaller. The older ones I could wear 3 on my wrist but the newer ones I am doing well to get 2 on.
klex
Power poster

Post by klex »

They are not smaller, the are wider and longer, but not in the same proportion. To wear more than two, I build myself some extensions from the buckle side of straps. You can buy them cheap from China.
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

I would love to see an extension band - can you point me to where to buy the parts to make one? The newer Swatches have smaller bands than the older ones and I can at best only fit 2 side by side . .I would wear 3 if I could make them comfortable side by side. And who knows - maybe I'd wear 4.

I can wear 3 of the metal ones as I can add links easily for them -and I do ear 2 or 3 at a time quite regularly.

MiM
klex
Power poster

Post by klex »

I build some extensions over the years from old watchbands :D

It works best with those new silicone watchbands. Take the side with the buckle, cut it down and punch some holes in it.

I mostly buy the watchbands on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Se ... +watchband