Too much smart watch

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

dw6900
Power poster

Re: Too much smart watch

Post by dw6900 »

For me, it's a bit different. All these smartwatches and fitness trackers are not my "hometown", they are something new. I started my fetish with Swatch, G-Shock, Baby-G, Casio.

But what I really like about smartwatches:

1) There are more women wearing smartwatch vs. wearing no watch as before women wearing classic watch vs. women wearing no watch and using only smartphone or beforce "classic" mobile for checking time. So smartwatch = more women with nice thing around her wrist.

2) Smartwatches are more often worn tight, so that they can't move on her wrist and so that she will feel a slight pressure from the wristband and the watch. That is the core of my fascination for every type of watch, so in general smartwatches are an advantage with this aspect.

3) I don't like jewel watches, luxury watches, small watches, metal watches. I like digital and sporty watches. So a smartwatch for me is much better than a Rolex oder MK oder anything like this.

4) I really like, if every women wears the same type of watch. Like an uniform. All with the same feeling at her wrist, all with the same look - the watch dissolves her personallity, it is something foreign at her body. She did not really want to wear it, she does it, because everybody does this. The force of fashion. That is very fascinating, and in my fantasy, the women would be forced to wear all the same watch with the same colur and the same type of strap all day, if they want or not.

5) So, another advantage of smartwatch for me: It stays at her wrist 24/7, often really even over night and in bed, for sleep tracking. The outfit may change, her watch not. It is fixed on her wrist and get part of her body. That's cool, very cool.

6) Last point: I like watch straps that are made of plastic, silicone or textile. Leather gets okay, but it's not perfect. Metal is meeeh, no thanks. So I can like most types of smartwatch straps, what is fine.

What I don't like about smartwatch: They compete with Swatch, Baby-G and low price Casio. And the look of a smatwatch with "screen off" never will be the same as the look of a classic digital or analogue watch. I don't like this all-black surface, there something is missing. On the other hand, but this is advantage 7), women more often will touch her watch and the screen, when they stroke over it for seeing time oder doing something on it. The rectangular look of most smartwatches is a little problem, but especially the design of Apple watch is very sexy, in my eyes.

And yes, also in my opinion, this trend will last for the next generations of people. There was the era of mechanical analogue watch, there was the era of quartz watch and digital quartz watch, and now we live in the era of touch screen smartwatch as "standard watch" and "normality". There won't be any way back.
Lynette
Starting poster

Post by Lynette »

I have to agree with the Apple watch design. But that's just the whole Apple mentality - everything their way, a little different but not necessarily the same!

I've recently got into Garmins, circular smart watches are a lot nicer IMO. Now have 4 - a smaller Forerunner 45s, a Venu, a fenix 3 sapphire and a vivomove style. The first 3 give me a nice set of size options, and the style a nicer analogue option. Got to say I've become a little addicted to step counts and the body battery on the Venu and Style has been really useful lately.

So yeah share the hatred towards Apple watches, but not all smartwatches are bad! :wink:
cuffedcaged57
Dedicated poster

Post by cuffedcaged57 »

BlackRose wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 am
cuffedcaged57 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:08 pm I solved this problem by getting my wife a michele band for her apple watch... I would much prefer she wore her deco all the time but its better than nothing.
For that price you can get a analogue watch, if you payed 500$, tell you didn't do this, I will hate you lol.
I got a good deal on the two tone rose gold but it was about $400...
Z
Power poster

Post by Z »

I don't mind Apple watches. In my world they are nicer than old school ladies watches.

But this is so much better. Thanks Lynette for sharing!
Lynette wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:48 pmI've recently got into Garmins, circular smart watches are a lot nicer IMO. Now have 4 - a smaller Forerunner 45s, a Venu, a fenix 3 sapphire and a vivomove style. The first 3 give me a nice set of size options, and the style a nicer analogue option. Got to say I've become a little addicted to step counts and the body battery on the Venu and Style has been really useful lately.